Clip Radio App FAQs
Radio is now interactive! The Clip Radio App allows you to easily interact with select radio stations.
- Download FREE Music from your favorite radio stations
- Take advantage of special offers and local deals - instantly
- Buy tickets to concerts and special events - instantly
- Offer your opinion on a surveys
- Participate in contests and promotions
- Share your favorite Clips on Facebook, Twitter and Email
- And more!
Below you will find a useful guide and FAQ’s that will help you get the most out of your Clip experience. If you have additional questions or need some assistance, you can always reach out to us at email@example.com.
- How Does The Clip Radio App Work?
- How Does Free Music Work?
- How Come Only Some Stations Are Clip Enabled?
- Is Every Song Available For Free Download?
- Why Do I Receive Ads With My Free Music?
- How Do I Create A Clip User Account?
- Why Do I Have To Create A Clip User Account?
- Why Do I Have To Enter My Physical Address To Receive Free Music?
- Why Do I Have To Create A Dropbox Account For Free Music?
- Why Don’t I See A Dropbox Icon On My Phone?
- What Are The Steps For Receiving Free Music?
- Why Can’t I Find The Song In My Dropbox Folder?
- How Do I Reset My Password?
- How Do I Make Sure Location Services Are Enabled?
- How Do I Know If I’ve Entered A Contest?
- When Will I Find Out If I’m A Winner?
- I Keep Getting “No Station Found” Errors.
- Why Does It Say, “Shucks, Offer No Longer Available…”?
- I Listen To The Radio On My Phone (streaming). When I Try To Clip, It Pauses The Stream And Then Tells Me “No Station Found”. What Am I Doing Wrong?
- Which Smartphones Do You Support?
1. How Does The Clip Radio App Work?
The Clip Radio App uses an audio recognition technology that allows you to interact with your favorite radio stations. To begin interacting today, download and install the app on your smart phone. Then, while listening to your favorite stations open the app and tap ‘Clip It’. The app will begin listening to detect your station. It’s that simple!
2. How Does Free Music Work?
The Clip Radio App allows you to download select songs for FREE. Simply listen to your favorite music stations. When you hear a song you want to download, Clip It! You’ll then receive a Free Music clip with the ability to download an mp3 file directly to your free Dropbox account. If you don’t have a Dropbox account, one will be created for you during the registration process.
3. How Come Only Some Stations Are Clip Enabled?
The Clip Radio App uses some pretty awesome technology to recognize and map an audio clip. In order for the app to perform, we need to install special receivers in and around radio stations. We are working quickly to clip enable as many stations as possible. If your favorite station is not yet clip enabled, tell us and we’ll reach out to the station to let them know their listeners want an interactive station.
4. Is Every Song Available For Free Download?
While most of the songs you hear are free, there are some that are not. We are working to partner with all record labels, but we don’t have partnership with all of them yet. So, if you don’t get the song you want, you will get a ‘Lucky Loser’ clip where you can enter to win $100 Visa© gift card!
5. Why Do I Receive Ads With My Free Music?
Your favorite songs are available for free through advertiser sponsorship. We encourage you to engage with ads you see and take advantage of special offers and local deals you may not find anywhere else. You can even take a moment to thank the advertiser for the free music by dropping them a message, posting on their Facebook page, visiting their website or using their products.
6. How Do I Create A Clip User Account?
To create an account, simply open the app and click on the settings in the upper right hand corner of the screen. From there you’ll be asked to enter an email and password. Once you entered your information, tap ‘submit‘ and your account will be created.
7. Why Do I Have To Create A Clip User Account?
You do not need an account to use the Clip Radio App. Without an account, you can still clip your favorite songs and audio segments. However, you do need an account to download free songs, participate in station promotions, give-a-ways and enter contests. Your account allows us to deliver special content and prizes to your phone.
8. Why Do I Have To Enter My Physical Address To Receive Free Music?
This is a legal requirement from the music labels because it is necessary to transfer ownership of the song to you. You’ll only have to enter your address once. From then on, you can download your favorite songs for free.
9. Why Do I Have To Create A Dropbox Account For Free Music?
We have partnered with Dropbox for the ability to transfer free music to Clip Radio App users. There are several benefits to partnering with Dropbox:
- Music is delivered in an mp3 format allowing users to listen to the music in any number of different devices and players.
- Dropbox lives in the cloud. This means users can access free music from their phone. But, they can also access the music from a PC, laptop or tablet from anywhere.
To access Dropbox from your PC, laptop or tablet, simply visit https://www.dropbox.com/login and enter your username and password.
10. Why Don’t I See A Dropbox Icon On My Phone?
If you do not see a Dropbox icon on your phone, simply install Dropbox on your smart phone at the App Store or Google play. Once Dropbox is installed, log in with your user name and password. Once logged in, open the Dropbox folder named ‘App’ and you’ll find all your free music.
11. What Are The Steps For Receiving Free Music?
- Download the Clip Radio App
- Create a Clip user account
- Create a Dropbox Account
- Clip while listening to your favorite stations
- Access the Free Music Clip in your clip list
- Follow the prompts to download the free music
NOTE: You will only need to create a Clip user account and Dropbox account one time. From then on, every time you clip for free music you can download the song instantly!
12. Why Can’t I Find The Song In My Dropbox Folder?
We are working hard to ensure every song is delivered to you instantly. However, you may occasionally experience an error during the download process. If you do, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
13. How Do I Reset My Password?
If you do not remember your password or would like to change your password, simply visit http://clipinteractive.com/WebApp/ResetPassword.aspx. From there you can click on the ‘Forgotten Your Password Link’. You will be asked to enter your email and an email containing instructions to reset your password will be sent to you.
14. How Do I Make Sure Location Services Are Enabled?
The Clip Radio App works based on your current geographic location. In order to send you content, we need to know where you are. Location services on your smart phone uses GPS along with Wi-Fi hotspots and cell tower locations to determine your approximate location. To enable your location services, simply navigate to your smartphone settings and make sure location services are enabled.
15. How Do I Know If I’ve Entered A Contest?
To enter a contest you must have a user account and be logged in when you are clipping. If you receive a contest clip, tap the clip and you may be asked to enter your information or share your contact details. Once you have agreed to the terms of the contest, simply tap ‘Enter Now’ and you will be entered.
16. When Will I Find Out If I’m A Winner?
Once the contest period ends, instructions outlining the process for prize redemption will be communicated via email to all winners.
17. I Keep Getting “No Station Found” Errors.
The Clip Radio App uses audio recognition technology to identify the audio segments you are clipping. Occasionally, you may receive a ‘No Station Found’ error. There are a few reasons for this:
- Location Services - Make sure your location services are enabled on your smart phone. If the location settings are not enabled, the app will not recognize your location and will not be able to deliver local deals, free music, contests and other clips.
- Faint Audio Capture – The Clip Radio App uses audio recognition technology to identify a particular audio piece. If the music or audio is too quiet, the app may not be able to recognize what you are clipping. Try turning up the volume and see if that helps.
- Background Noise – The audio identification signal may get confused if there is too much background noise. So, as much as you or your friends like to sing along, try to keep the background noise to a minimum while clipping your station.
- Streaming Audio Signal – The Clip Radio App works best when you are listening to a radio broadcast over airwaves. We are working on some improvements that will allow you to clip when listening to an audio stream through the web.
- The Station May Not Be Clip Enabled – The Clip Radio App only works with clip enabled radio stations. If your favorite station is not clip enabled, tell us and we’ll reach out to the station to let them know their listeners want an interactive station. As always, if you continue to receive the ‘No Station Found’, please contact us.
18. Why Does It Say, “Shucks, Offer No Longer Available…”?
Many of the offers, contests and promotions are time bound. This means you only have a limited amount of time to take advantage of the returned clip. In the event the clip has expired, you’ll receive a ‘Shucks, Offer No Longer Available’ message. So make sure you act as quickly as possible when a clip is returned.
19. I Listen To The Radio On My Phone (streaming). When I Try To Clip, It Pauses The Stream And Then Tells Me “No Station Found”. What Am I Doing Wrong?
The Clip Radio App works best on broadcast radio. While you can “clip” a streaming audio signal, sometimes the stream pauses and "re-buffers". When this happens, the content can be offset and the audio samples will not match up. This can cause the returned clips to be intermittent, incorrect or can trigger the ‘No Station Found’ error. Our team is working on improvements to the app for a streaming signal. But, in the meantime, we recommend using the Clip Radio App while listening to your favorites stations on a broadcast signal.
20. Which Smartphones Do You Support?
Currently, the Clip Radio App supports iPhone (iOS) and Android devices. Our team is working to support other technology, so be sure to check back for updates.